Sunday, November 22, 2015

Building Mini Ponds



 Once again we are having really hot weather here in Perth and so I have been thinking about ways to help the wildlife cope. We have six birdbaths which are used by a huge number of birds each day. However this does not help the lizards and frogs so I have been researching micro ponds. The video above is one of the best on this topic and indeed there are a great range of videos showing how this family has transformed their suburban home over the last 6 years. 



 
I decided to remove the plastic tub that I had water plants in and use this space to create my first mini pond. I needed to line it with broken slabs and pavers and then the pond vinyl that I had purchased. I have used pavers to edge it as well to assist the lizards, but am still trying to work out how to cover more of the plastic.


I guess that the lizards will not mind about that too much as at least they have some water they can access.

No comments:

Post a Comment